DIY

Bloody hell, how is it Wednesday already??  I hope everyone had a nice Easter. My weekend began
with an epic three hour shopping trip as everyone in Caerphilly went to the shop at the same time as
me, apparently. As I drove towards Aldi I saw people standing out on the road with their trolleys! “Sod
that”, I thought, and went up to Lidl instead - same thing, but a much shorter queue.  


Easter in the Pinney household involved a bit of planting, a BBQ, baking, wrestling (no, not me and
Lee - I’m running a book on which son will survive lockdown), and DIY hair cuts. Yes, Lee let Matt
loose on his hair with the clippers, and I have to say the boy did good. Lee and I also slept in the van
the whole weekend - why should Vera miss out on the fun? 



Lee and Matt also painted the bottom half of the house over the weekend. A sneaky bike ride to What!
revealed some masonry paint (don’t even ask about the debacle that was B&Q click and collect) so I
paid for it and Lee went to collect it as I didn’t fancy trying to balance it on the handlebars of my bike!
So the bottom half of the house is now lovely, which really shows how bad the top half of the house is!


One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is the fact that Lee hasn’t yet shaved since we’ve been in lockdown
(as you can see from the haircut photos). I haven’t worked out if it’s because he a) can’t be arsed;
b) is making some kind of protest at the situation or c) has secretly wanted to grow a beard for years
and now is his chance. Every person we’ve spoken to on video has opened their conversation with
“lost your razor, have you?” so I think it’s become a bit of a mission for him now. He’s even invested in
a beard trimmer. 


A week or so ago I ordered some embroidery kits and a kit to make my own bunting - I used to be
quite crafty and it’s a good way to unwind and help to focus on something else after being at your
computer all day. Some of it has arrived so I’m looking forward to getting started on it. In my head I
envisage looking like a character out of a Jane Austen novel, serenely embroidering in the garden, but
I strongly suspect I’ll end up using words that Jane Austen would not approve of! 


I also want to use this time to improve my photography and learn and how to use my camera properly.
I came across a free year-long online course so I’ve signed up for that. This may not be the best time to
try and get out and about to practice but we’ve got lots of walking routes around here so I’ll start taking
my camera and putting what I learn into action.


Finally, and I’m very late to the party with this, I’ve downloaded a podcast player so if anyone has any
suggestions for good podcasts put them in the comments. 

I’m going to try and add a few photos to the blog, but this hasn’t worked in the past so we’ll see...








Comments

  1. I am so intrigued by the beard! The beard needs it's own blog!
    I too have just discovered podcasts, such fun like radio shows you can choose. My recommendations: Noel Fitzpatrick: Animal People and Fearne Cotton: Happy Place. Also If you follow Miranda Hart on Instagram every couple of days she does chatty rambles or "chambles" as she calls them which are really good to listen to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet freedom

Slow news week