Slow news week

You know it's a slow news week when the top story is that we've taken in an orphaned apple tree. We had to cut down our old tree as it was diseased so we've been thinking about what else to plant. While Lee was at the office this week, a colleague asked if we wanted this tree. I said yes, but I don't think it'll survive as it's the wrong time of year to move trees and bushes as they've already started growing; they should ideally be moved in winter, when they're dormant. But, never let it be said that I won't give something a shot, so it's in the front lawn with some compost. If it can survive the winds we've been having it might have a chance. 

In other news, I need to stop watching videos on Twitter for a while. As predicted, the chaos and confusion of the English message about the easing of lockdown has meant many more people trying to travel to Wales. What I find most staggering is the total lack of knowledge/understanding of the British political landscape by these people. They have NO IDEA that Wales is a separate bloody country to England. To quote one bloke I saw on a video from ITV Wales news, in response to the different rules for Wales and England: "but don't we (England) control that (Wales) too?" How is it that people don't know these things???? I tell myself "don't watch it, don't watch it" and then I get sucked in and end up all ranty. It's not good for me, but it's like car crash telly; you almost enjoy being this horrified. 

Conversations in the Pinney household have become very high brow as the lockdown progresses. Tonight's heated debate involved lasagne, and the question of if you put one slice of lasagne on top of another, is that two lasagnas, or one very large one. Opinion is massively divided and I've told Matt he's not to ask such controversial questions in the future. 

Right, I told you it would be a short blog so that's your lot. No photos as I haven't seen anything much this week. I'll try to do better next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet freedom

DIY