A new regime

Two blogs in quick succession to bring you up to speed on goings on, you lucky people! 


It’s been Week One of stricter sanctions and “repurposing” seems to have become the new buzz
word of the moment, with lots of things being given a new purpose as needed. The Pinney household
is no different, with our boys’ bedrooms being repurposed as makeshift offices, and the front room and
garden have become our home gym. 


I’ve quickly realised that a routine is important when working from home full time. It’s easy at first to
pretend that every day is Saturday, but it’s not particularly professional to receive a video call from
your manager when you’re still in your pyjamas (this has not happened to me, honest). 


The daily routine at Guantanamo Bedwas is therefore as follows:

  • daily dose of state sanctioned exercise 
  • breakfast
  • work
Ok, so there’s a bit more to it than that, but it’s nice to have a regular routine. Ironically, the few times
I’ve run this week I’ve seen the same two older chaps (they’re easily 65+) standing outside the local
paper shop waiting for it to open and having a good old natter. There’s definitely no 2m gap between
them. It seems that the people we’re encouraging to stay home are merrily ignoring all such advice!
My friend has another theory and thinks they’re government spies checking up on people…


Luckily the weather has been good during this first week so we’ve been able to exercise outside a few
times, although I don’t know what my neighbours thought of me running sprints up and down my front
path at 7am on Friday morning!


I’m still getting to grips with my new office set up and learning what I need to be comfortable and my
Surface is currently sat on top of a shoe box and a thick book to get it to the right height.  I’ve also had
a new colleague, named Lee, join me at home and he’s had an interesting first week, declaring his
office as the “fun office” and moving the digital radio from the kitchen upstairs. I don’t mind a bit of
music, but it’s quite distracting when he comes into my office to show off his dance moves!  


It’s nice to have some company during the day though, so I can’t complain too much (although I’m
aware I’ve just made him sound like a pet dog!).

Tune in again for more tales from the inside...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet freedom

DIY

Slow news week