A Strange new World


I've been asked by a few friends to write a blog about my experiences in this strange new world that we suddenly find ourselves in. 

At the moment I think a lot of us are still in the phase of thinking that we've woken up in a parallel universe and every time I open a door I briefly hope that I've found the portal home. If I do find it I promise I'll take you all with me. Until then, we're all in the same situation.

I received the instruction to work from home about a week and a half ago (the week before the "official" lockdown). Lee joyfully thought that this meant I'd be on hand to make him breakfast and have his dinner on the table for him when he got home from work. When I'd stopped laughing I explained that working from home is not the same as time travel and we weren't going back to the 1950s. I'll be doing the same as I do every day, but with added technical challenges!

Since then our world has changed again, because people didn't understand what "stay home" meant and everyone went to Snowdonia and Barry Island in the sunshine. So, as a nation we've been grounded and we're being asked to restrict our lives and activities even further.

I don't want to build your hopes up that this blog is going to be as interesting as my Skomer blog; every day is like a cross between the films Outbreak and Groundhog Day, but I'll try to keep it as interesting as possible!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet freedom

DIY

Slow news week