A new direction (but not the same direction)

So, Wales is still in lockdown, but you can see one person from another household. This will presumably have to be your favourite person, which is tricky when you have to choose between  more than one person in that household. We can also exercise more than once a day, but still no travelling for exercise. People in England can now travel a bit further for things like exercise, but not to Wales because we’re still closed. Although it seems quite a lot have already tried to visit Wales, and have been turned around. No one can possibly be unaware that there are different rules in place in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland so I can only conclude that these people are a) stupid, b) arrogant and think that Wales IS part of England, or c) both. I'm erring on the side of "c" at the moment.

Anyway, lets talk about nicer things. I made my own bunting for VE Day as I wasn't organised enough to get some in advance. Don't be under any illusion that this was any sort of posh bunting, but it's quite impressive what you can do with paper, pens, scissors and string, whilst watching Murder on the Orient Express. It was like an episode of Blue Peter!

VE Day was also an excuse to go and buy lots of lovely things for our picnic from the local butcher and I made my own scotch eggs. And we returned to the Costa del Driveway in Vera for two nights, so normal weekend service has resumed.





For those of you who haven't seen inside Vera, here's what the sleeping arrangements are:


Saturday was interesting and will forever be remembered as the Day We Rescued Dafydd. Dafydd is a hedgehog and to cut a long story short he'd wandered too far from his usual garden and was a bit lost. He also had limited eyesight and was in very real danger of not surviving long due to his obsession with crossing the main road!! Lee phoned a friend who is an ecologist and she got someone from a hedgehog rescue to ring us. They couldn't collect him due to the current restrictions so they told us what to do over the phone and we sent them some photos of him. They recognised him and sent the person who's garden he mostly lives in to pick him up (he lives a few streets away). 











Lee had his second home haircut since being in lockdown began, whilst I've had none! However, I found out this week that my hairdresser is hopefully reopening from 4 July so I’ve already booked an appointment.  Lee's beard is still very much in residence, and he’s now developed a distinctly Machiavellian “beard stroke” worthy of many a film baddie! 

The boys went down to do some gardening for my parents this week. Their garden is surrounded by hedges and it takes my dad about three days to cut them all, on and off, so the boys went down and did it in a few hours between them. Apparently there have been lots of comments on how good a job they did, so I think they’ve got a return gig if they want it.

 

Something else I've noticed as lockdown has progressed is the lowering of my tolerance levels. Not towards my family or anything like that (although I've had my moments) but to other people talking bollocks and situations which are clearly ridiculous but which people seem to just be happy to accept until someone (me) points out that it's ridiculous. So if you thought I was blunt before lockdown, just wait until I'm set free again! It must be because I don't need a filter around my family and friends and forget that you need one out in the real world. A few unfortunate colleagues have had a few "wtf" e-mails from me. I'm loving Twitter at the moment, too. It's a nice little outlet where you can give your completely honest opinion on stuff and no one really cares; it's great!

I've also quite enjoyed hiding people's news feeds on Facebook and muting WhatsApp notifications for certain groups when they start getting on my pip.  It's very liberating so if you haven't tried it yet, I urge you to do it. Find that person who's constantly repeating rubbish from the internet or re-posting stuff from their "friend" (for friend read "random post copied from someone else on Facebook") and just hide them. They won't know and its one less piece of rubbish to contribute to your anxiety!

Enjoy the weekend, wash your hands, stay safe xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet freedom

DIY

Slow news week