The one where I was grumpy
Last week was the first week where I felt properly grumpy for a few days, for no particular reason. I think I've done well to get to Week 7 (I think it's week 7) based on my usual levels of grumpiness. My tolerance levels are dropping weekly though so I should probably start each conversation with some sort of disclaimer that people should ask questions if they don't want completely honest, unedited answers.
Normally when I feel a bit shit I go for a run as that helps, but I didn't even want to do that. Lee actually locked me out in the back garden on Friday to try and make me go (I had my kit on but decided I want going). He's clearly learnt nothing from 11 years together at stubborn side kicked in and I just say on the back step until he opened the door again! Even though I know the benefits of running I just didn't want to do it.
However, we went for a bike ride on Saturday,v which was lovely, and I ran on Sunday. I've also done a couple of home workouts and have been for a walk a few times during the week so I'm feeling a bit more like myself again.
It's a good job I'm back to exercising as I ate sooo much rubbish over the weekend. Dylan made an epic mac 'n' cheese on Sunday. So epic, in fact, that I had to have a 2.5 hour nap after it! I also made a tarte tatin (think upside down apple pie) which was lovely. But now I need to work of all that cheese and pastry!
Before I forget...I finished the whale embroidery! It's still a bit wonky but I'm pleased with it.
Last week we had a virtual leaving do in work. It was for one of the Directors I worked for before moving jobs. She's a lovely person and I really enjoyed working for her. Not being together in the office makes you more creative, as we had to find other ways to share our memories and messages. One of these involved everyone making a video of themselves singing along to Take That's Never Forget and they were all cut together and played over Zoom. I definitely prefer this way of holding leaving dos as you can turn off your video when you're about to cry!
I've had another two quizzes in the last week and a half; one for a work friend who was supposed to get married last weekend so we had a quiz on the day she was supposed to go on honeymoon, and the other one was with my running friends. It was so nice to see each other and have a laugh and a drink together.
The virtual running challenges are continuing. We didn't do the last one was we didn't have a team but this week's challenge was a scavenger hunt which was good fun.
Most weekends Lee and I have slept in the van, but last weekend we watched Dr Sleep (follow up to The Shining) and I didn't really fancy sleeping or in the van after watching it! Yes, I know I'm a baby, but it is what it is. But fear not, we've been back on the Costa del Driveway this weekend!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx
Can't believe you watched a scary film! We are definitely going to watch horror films in the cinema after lockdown 👻
ReplyDelete